(1) Notice of final decision on a project permit application shall issue within 120 days from when the permit application is determined to be complete, unless otherwise provided by this section or state law.
(2) In determining the number of days that have elapsed after an application is complete, the following periods shall be excluded:
(a) Any period during which the county asks the applicant to correct plans, perform required studies, or provide additional required information. The period shall be calculated from the date the county mails notification to the applicant of the need for additional information until the date the county determines whether the additional information satisfies the request for information, or 14 days after the applicant supplies the information to the county, whichever is earlier. If the information submitted by the applicant under this subsection is insufficient, the county shall mail notice to the applicant of the deficiencies and the provisions of this subsection shall apply as if a new request for information had been made;
(b) Any period during which an environmental impact statement is being prepared;
(d) The period specified for administrative appeals of project permits;
(e) Any period during which processing of an application is suspended pursuant to SCC 30.70.045(1)(b);
(g) Any period of time mutually agreed upon by the applicant and the county.
(3) The time periods established by this section shall not apply to a project permit application:
(a) That requires an amendment to the comprehensive plan or a development regulation in order to obtain approval;
(c) That requires approval of a development agreement by the county council;
(d) When the applicant consents to an extension; or
(e) During any period necessary for reconsideration of a hearing examiner’s decision.
(4) Subject to all other requirements of this section, notice of final decision on an application for a boundary line adjustment shall be issued within 45 days after the application is determined complete.
(5) The county shall notify the applicant in writing if a notice of final decision on the project has not been made within the time limits specified in this section. The notice shall include a statement of reasons why the time limits have not been met and an estimated date of issuance of a notice of final decision.
(6) Failure of the county to make a final decision within the timelines specified by this chapter shall not create liability for damages.
(7) Timelines for processing shoreline substantial development, shoreline conditional use and shoreline variance permits shall be in accordance with the provisions of this chapter unless otherwise specified in chapter 30.44 SCC.
(8) Timelines for processing personal wireless service facility permits shall be in accordance with the provisions of SCC 30.28A.030. (Added by Amended Ord. 02-064, Dec. 9, 2002, Eff date Feb. 1, 2003; Amended by Emerg. Ord. 04-019, Feb. 11, 2004, Eff date Feb. 11, 2004; Amended by Amended Ord. 09-044 (veto overridden Sept. 8, 2009), Aug. 12, 2009, Eff date Sept. 18, 2009; Amended by Amended Ord. 09-079, May 12, 2010, Eff date May 29, 2010; Amended by Amended Ord. 12-025, June 6, 2012, Eff date July 27, 2012; Amended by Ord. 18-011, Mar. 21, 2018, Eff date May 20, 2018).