(1) A final decision on appeal shall be issued within 15 working days of the conclusion of a hearing, but not later than 90 calendar days after the filing of a complete appeal, unless the appellant agrees in writing to extend the time period, or the time period has been extended by a request for reconsideration, or under some other authority.
(2) The hearing examiner may affirm, may reverse in whole or in part, or may modify the permit or decision being appealed, or may remand the application to the applicable department for further processing.
(3) If the application is remanded to the applicable department for further processing, the hearing examiner’s decision shall not be considered a final decision except for purposes of applicable time limitations contained in this section. The hearing examiner’s decision shall specify procedures for responding to the order. If a new decision is issued by the department, a new appeal period shall commence in accordance with SCC 30.71.050.
(4) The decision shall include findings of fact based upon the record and conclusions of law therefrom which support the decision.
(5) The hearing examiner’s decision shall include information on, and any applicable time limitations for, requesting reconsideration or for appealing the decision. (Added by Amended Ord. 02-064, Dec. 9, 2002, Eff date Feb. 1, 2003; Amended by Amended Ord. 13-043, June 19, 2013, Eff date June 30, 2013).