(1) Any applicant or property owner may request a pre-application meeting. The applicant shall submit a pre-application meeting request on a form prepared by the department.
(2) The purpose of a pre-application meeting is to provide the department with preliminary information regarding the development proposal and to provide the applicant with preliminary information about development requirements, environmental issues, procedural requirements, known community concerns, and other relevant matters prior to the filing of a formal application.
(3) Pre-application meetings provide preliminary information only and are not intended to result in final actions or commitments by either the county or the applicant.
(4) The department shall prepare a pre-application submittal checklist that lists specific items or information requested for the meeting. When available, the applicant shall provide the information prior to the meeting.
(5) Within a reasonable time following a pre-application meeting, the department shall provide the applicant with a written summary of the issues discussed and specific instructions for submittal of a complete application, if any. (Added by Amended Ord. 02-064, Dec. 9, 2002, Eff date Feb. 1, 2003; Amended by Amended Ord. 06-061, Aug. 1, 2007, Eff date Oct. 1, 2007; Amended by Amended Ord. 12-025, June 6, 2012, Eff date July 27, 2012; Amended by Ord. 20-019, June 24, 2020).