(1) Any person storing or using materials containing contaminants in any manner that may result in a prohibited discharge shall implement the source control BMPs described in Volume 4, Chapter 2 of the Drainage Manual.
(2) Any person operating a facility or performing an activity described in Chapter 3, Volume 4 of the Drainage Manual shall implement the source control BMPs described therein for the facility or activity.
(3) Full implementation of all stormwater BMPs required by an NPDES industrial stormwater permit or State Waste Discharge Permit shall constitute compliance with this section.
(4) As an alternative to implementing the BMPs described in subsections (1) through (3) of this section, the director may allow or require implementation of BMPs described in (a) Volume 4, Chapter 4 or 5 of the Drainage Manual, (b) Volume 2, 3, or 5 of the Drainage Manual, or (c) other documents such as stormwater pollution prevention plans developed pursuant to farm plans or similar documents, if the director determines the alternative BMPs provide substantially equivalent environmental protection and meet the objectives of safety, function, and maintenance. The director shall document in writing all such determinations and supporting information.
(5) Full implementation of the source control BMPs described in subsections (1) through (4) of this section constitutes the minimum required actions an owner, occupant or operator of real property must take toward preventing prohibited discharges from the real property. Full implementation of the BMPs required by this section does not exempt a person from also complying with any other requirement of this chapter. (Added by Ord. 01-035, May 23, 2001, Eff date June 2, 2001; Amended by Amended Ord. 07-030, May 2, 2007, Eff date May 17, 2007; Amended by Ord. 08-091, July 30, 2008, Eff date Aug. 21, 2008; Amended by Amended Ord. 13-023, Apr. 17, 2013, Eff date Apr. 28, 2013).