In addition to the definitions contained in SCC 6.01.010 the words and phrases in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Adult entertainment" means:
(a) Any exhibition, performance or medium which is distinguished or characterized by displays of less than completely and opaquely covered human genitals, pubic hair, pubic area, perineum, anus, buttocks, or female breast below the top of the areola; or
(b) Any exhibition, performance or dance conducted in a premises where such exhibition, performance or dance is performed within the view of one or more members of the public and is intended or is likely to sexually stimulate any member of the public.
(2) "Adult entertainment book store" means any business from which minors are excluded and in which the purchase, rental, viewing or use of books, magazines, newspapers, movie films, devices, slides, or other photographic or written reproductions distinguished or characterized by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing, or relating to adult entertainment or adult entertainment material make up 25% or more of the stock in trade.
(a) Engages in adult sales practice; or
(b) Has at least 25% of its trade in the display, barter, rental, or sale of a medium which meets the criteria of adult entertainment as defined by this chapter including but not limited to: adult entertainment bookstores, adult entertainment movie theaters, adult tanning salons, escort businesses and nude house cleaning businesses.
(4) "Adult hotel" means a hotel, motel, or similar commercial establishment which offers a sleeping room for rent for a period of time less than 10 hours or allows a tenant or occupant of a sleeping room to sub-rent the room for a period of time that is less than 10 hours.
(5) "Adult entertainment movie theater" means any establishment, from which minors are excluded and where the principal use of the premises consists of the showing of motion pictures, slides, or photographic or other visual reproductions, where the subject matter meets the criteria of adult entertainment as defined in this chapter and where fees of any kind are charged. This definition shall include establishments wherein the above mentioned medium is the major attraction on a regular basis and establishments wherein the above mentioned medium is shown at least 25% of the showing time of the theater.
(6) "Adult sales practice" means any activity which is distinguished or characterized by a person being in a state of partial nudity while conducting or otherwise engaged in retail sales of goods or services under circumstances where such conduct is likely to be viewed by a member of the public.
(7) "Adult tanning salon" means any establishment which offers tanning services to a member of the public and in which adult entertainment takes place.
(8) "Customer" means a person patronizing a business for which an adult business license is required by this chapter.
(9) "Employee" means any and all persons who work in or at or render any services directly related to the operation of an adult entertainment business regardless of whether that person meets the criteria of a statutory employee, common law employee or independent contractor.
(10) "Escort" means a person who, for consideration, agrees or offers to act as a companion, guide, or date for another person, or who agrees or offers to privately model lingerie or to privately perform a striptease for another person.
(11) "Escort business" means a person or business association who furnishes, offers to furnish, or advertises to furnish escorts.
(12) "Manager" means any person who manages, directs, administers or is in charge of, the affairs and/or conduct of any portion of any activity involving adult entertainment occurring at any place offering adult entertainment.
(13) "Member of the public" means any person other than a manager or employee as defined in this section.
(14) "Nude or state of nudity" means a state of dress or undress such that any of the body parts described in the county’s lewd conduct ordinance, SCC 10.04.025, is exposed to view or covered with anything other than a full and opaque covering within the meaning of that ordinance.
(15) "Nude house cleaning business" means a person or business which offers house cleaning services in which the house cleaner is in a state of nudity.
(16) "State of partial nudity" means a state of dress or undress not constituting a state of nudity in which any of the following body parts or portions thereof is exposed to view or covered with anything other than a full and opaque covering:
(a) Any part of the buttocks or anal cleft; or
(b) Any part of the female breast located below the top of the areola.
(c) Items commonly known as pasties, G-strings, T-backs, dental floss, and thongs; body paint, body dye, tattoos, latex, tape, or any similar substance applied to the skin surface; any substance that can be washed off the skin; or any substance designed to simulate or which by its nature simulates the appearance of the anatomical area beneath it, is not full and opaque covering within the meaning of this subsection.
(17) "Stock in trade" means the greater of: (a) the retail dollar value of all prerecorded video tapes, discs, books, magazines or similar material readily available for purchase, rental, viewing or use by patrons of the establishment, excluding material located in any storeroom or other portion of the premises not regularly open to patrons; or (b) the total number of titles of all prerecorded video tapes, discs, books, magazines, or similar material readily available for purchase, rental, viewing or use by patrons of the establishment excluding material located in any storeroom or other portion of the premises not regularly open to patrons. (Added by Ord. 96-044 § 2, June 24, 1996, Eff date July 6, 1996; Amended by Ord. 09-130, Dec. 9, 2009, Eff date Jan. 7, 2010).