As used in this chapter the following terms shall have the meanings set forth in this section:
(1) "Affected employee" means a full-time employee whose regular work day begins at a single work site between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. (inclusive) on two or more weekdays for at least 12 continuous months. For the purposes of defining affected employees the following apply:
(a) A full-time employee means a person other than an independent contractor, scheduled to be employed on a continuous basis for 52 weeks for an average of at least 35 hours per week.
(b) A single worksite means a building or group of buildings on physically contiguous parcels of land or on parcels separated solely by private or public roadways or rights-of-way occupied by one or more affected employers.
(c) Affected employees that report to more than one work site will only be counted at the primary work site.
(d) Seasonal agricultural employees, including seasonal employees of processors of agricultural products are excluded from the count of affected employees.
(2) "Affected employer" means a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, unincorporated association, cooperative, joint venture, agency, department, district, or other individual or entity, whether public, non-profit or private that employs 100 or more affected employees at a single work site. Construction sites, when the duration of the construction is less than two years, are excluded from this definition.
(3) For the purposes of this chapter, newly affected employer means an employer that first meets the definition of affected employer after March 1, 1993 either by moving into the unincorporated county or by growing in employment at a worksite to 100 or more affected employees.
(4) "CTR Base year" means the period from January 1, 1992, through December 31, 1992. For newly affected employers, the base year is the one-year period after becoming affected.
(5) "CTR Base-year value" means the average VMTs per employee and proportion of SOV commute trips at an affected worksite as determined in one of two ways. The first option is for an affected employer to use the zone average for all employees arriving at work-sites in the same CTR zone as computed by the county for the base year. The second option is for the affected employer to use the individual worksite’s average VMTs and proportion of SOV commute trips as computed from base-year measurements at the worksite.
(6) "CTR Good Faith Effort" means that an affected employer has met the minimum requirements identified in this chapter and is working in collaboration with the county to continue its existing program or is developing and implementing program modifications likely to result in improvements to its CTR program over an agreed-upon length of time.
(7) "CTR zone" means an area designated as such by the county’s CTR plan, such as a census tract or combination of census tracts characterized by similar employment density, population density, level of transit service, parking availability, access to high-occupant vehicle facilities, and/or other factors that are determined to affect the level of SOV commuting.
(8) "Proportion of single-occupant vehicle trips" or "SOV rate" means the number of peak period (6:00 am to 9:00 am) commute trips over a set of days made by affected employees in single-occupant vehicles divided by the total number of commute trips by affected employees during that same set of days.
(9) "Single-occupant vehicle" (SOV) means a motor vehicle, including a motorcycle, occupied by one employee for commute purposes.
(10) "Vehicle miles traveled" (VMT) means the sum of the individual motor vehicle commute trip lengths in miles made by affected employees over a set period of time. "Vehicle miles traveled per employee" means the sum of VMTs by affected employees over a set period divided by the number of affected employees during that period.