(1) Avoiding the impact altogether by not taking a certain action or parts of an action;
(2) Minimizing impact by limiting the degree or magnitude of the action and its implementation, by using appropriate technology, or by taking affirmative steps to avoid or reduce impacts;
(3) Rectifying the impact by repairing, rehabilitating or restoring the affected environment;
(4) Reducing or eliminating the impact over time by preservation and maintenance operations during the life of the action;
(5) Compensating for the impact by replacing, enhancing, or providing substitute resources or environments; or
(6) Monitoring the impact and taking appropriate corrective measures. (Added by Amended Ord. 02-064, Dec. 9, 2002, Eff date Feb. 1, 2003).