(1) Nothing in this title shall be construed to impose any duty upon the county or any of its officers or employees so as to subject them to liability for damages in a civil action, including but not be limited to the following:
(a) Any liability for any duty not otherwise imposed by law to protect individuals from personal injuries or property damage;
(c) Any liability whatsoever for damages resulting from fire or explosion or faulty storage, handling, or disposal of materials, in any manner whatsoever.
(2) The granting of a permit for any development or use shall not constitute a representation, guarantee, or warranty of any kind or nature by the county, or any official or employee thereof, of the practicality or safety of any structure or use proposed and shall create no liability upon, or cause of action against, the county, official, or employee for any damage that may result thereto.
(3) The county, under the provisions of this title, does not guarantee that reviews and/or inspections will detect all hazards, design defects, or code violations.
(4) The act of the county issuing permits and conducting inspections shall in no way be deemed to be a waiver of governmental immunity. Inspection and licensing is performed pursuant to the police power of the county.
(5) Administration of this title shall not be construed to impose or create a basis for any liability on the part of the county, its appointed and elected officials, officers, agents, or employees, nor shall this chapter be construed to create any special relationship with or otherwise protect any specific person or class of persons. (Added by Amended Ord. 02-064, Dec. 9, 2002, Eff date Feb. 1, 2003).