(1) Buildings shall be separated at least 15 feet from the top of bank of an open constructed channel or open detention pond or open detention vault to allow perimeter access to the drainage facility for maintenance equipment.
(2) Buildings shall be separated at least 10 feet from the nearest edge of a closed drainage facility that is not an on-site stormwater management BMP included in Table 1.0, Volume 1 of the Drainage Manual.
(3) Infiltration systems other than on-site stormwater management BMPs included in Table 1.0, Volume 1 of the Drainage Manual shall be separated at least 20 feet from upslope building foundations and at least 100 feet from downslope building foundations.
(4) If a separation required in subsections (1) through (3) of this section extends onto adjoining properties, then the owner of the drainage facility shall obtain a drainage and access easement from the affected adjacent property owner(s) prior to construction plan approval or permit issuance.
(5) Additional separation and setback requirements for specific drainage facilities including on-site stormwater management BMPs are set forth in the Snohomish County Drainage Manual and the EDDS. (Added by Amended Ord. 10-026, June 9, 2010, Eff date Sept. 30, 2010; Amended by Ord. 15-102, Jan. 11, 2016, Eff date Jan. 22, 2016; Amended by Amended Ord. 17-070, Nov. 1, 2017, Eff date Dec. 1, 2017).