(1) Regardless of the redevelopment thresholds established below in subsections (2) and (3) of this section all redevelopment shall comply with minimum requirement 2 (SCC 30.63A.445 and SCC 30.63A.450) unless minimum requirement 2 is not required for an exempted activity pursuant to SCC 30.63A.200. In addition, redevelopment shall comply with any other applicable redevelopment requirement specified in part 700 of this chapter.
(2) Unless an exception under SCC 30.63A.210 applies, redevelopment projects shall comply with minimum requirements 1 through 5 (SCC 30.63A.400 through 30.63A.525) for the new and replaced hard surfaces and the land disturbed if the redevelopment will:
(a) Result in or add 2,000 square feet or greater of new, replaced or the total of new plus replaced hard surfaces; or
(b) Cause 7,000 square feet or more of land disturbing activity.
(3) Unless an exception under SCC 30.63A.210 applies, redevelopment projects shall comply with minimum requirements 1 through 9 (SCC 30.63A.400 through 30.63A.605) for the new hard surfaces and converted vegetation areas if the redevelopment will:
(a) Result in or add 5,000 square feet or more of new hard surface area;
(b) Convert three-quarters of an acre or more of vegetation to lawn or landscaped areas; or
(c) Convert two and one-half acres or more of native vegetation to pasture.
(4) The director may allow the minimum requirements to be met for an equivalent area of flow and pollution characteristics within the same site. For public road projects, the equivalent area does not have to be within the project limits, but must drain to the same receiving water.
(5) In addition to the requirements in subsections (1) through (4) of this section, for road-related redevelopment projects, runoff from the replaced and new hard surfaces (including pavement, shoulders, curbs and sidewalks) and the converted vegetation areas shall meet minimum requirements 1 through 9 (SCC 30.63A.400 through 30.63A.605) if the new hard surfaces total 5,000 square feet or more and total 50 percent or more of the existing hard surfaces within the project limits. The project limits shall be defined by the length of the project and the width of the right-of-way.
(6) In addition to the requirements in subsections (1) through (4) of this section, all redevelopment projects, except road-related projects covered by subsection (5) of this section, shall comply with minimum requirements 1 through 9 (SCC 30.63A.400 through 30.63A.605) for the new plus replaced hard surfaces and converted vegetation areas when:
(a) The total of the new plus replaced hard surfaces totals 5,000 square feet or more; and
(b) The value of proposed improvements including interior improvements exceeds 50 percent of the assessed value of the existing site improvements. (Added by Amended Ord. 10-026, June 9, 2010, Eff date Sept. 30, 2010; Amended by Ord. 15-102, Jan. 11, 2016, Eff date Jan. 22, 2016).